Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Sunday Rush.

There's something about 8 a.m. church that seems to put us all in a frenzy in the morning rushing out the door. Could be the fact that our children don't normally wake up until 8, or the fact that inevitably no matter how hard we try, we never seem to get to sleep until after midnight. So when the alarm goes off between 6 and 6:30, neither one of us jump out of bed ready to embark on the chore to get everyone dressed and out the door on time. We also live 20 minutes from the building, so ideally we should be leaving at 7:30. With this all being said, we were late today. I blame it on a sick baby and a sick mommy. But we did make it to church with both boys dressed in matching polo's and gel in the hair.
My mom is still in town so she took a few pictures. I love family pictures and just can't seem to get enough of our growing family. Carter however, was not such a big fan of the pictures today. I believe getting up early and playing hard for two hours in nursery wore him out and he was ready for a nap.
The medical update (because it seems like the past three months every post has included one) is that right now Carter is on day 11 of being sick and I am on day 6. I believe Owen is now getting it, but Mike has manged to avoid the cold virus that has knocked the rest of us on our bums. Carter was put on antibiotics that helped his cough and when we took him into the ENT they discovered his left ear tube was blocked again, it was also blocked two weeks ago. So they cleared it out, not a fun process to hold Carter down while he screams. It breaks my heart every time. Because it was blocked he hasn't had his hearing test yet since surgery. I get to put drops in his ears for a few more days and then we go back in two weeks. I'm not sure what the plan will be if it is blocked again. Poor Carter.
I'm pretty sure Owen is working on a tooth because he is constantly chewing on his thumb and anything else that is near his mouth. He's made real progress this week and is starting to get up on his knees when he is on his tummy. I see mobility in the future and am starting to plan the things I'm going to have to do to make the house "crawl" friendly again. Owen is also laughing more and loves to be tickled and is getting better and reaching and grabbing things. We've also started solids and slowly but surely I think he's starting to actually get some pears in his mouth. Feels like I feed him the same spoon full about four times. Carter is his favorite thing to watch and loves it when Carter talks with him. The best part of my day has been watching both of them giggle back and forth to each other. I am really loving having two little men in my life.
Plans for this week? My mom will be here until Wednesday. I'm hoping to be healthy enough to get back to the gym after more than a week of "sick leave." I want to get some sewing projects done, eat at Chick-fil-a and clean. Oh, and get our dryer fixed because it broke Friday night. We turned it on and it smelled like the house was going to burn down, since then we can't get it to start. Awful, no dyer with two babies. I am in desperate need to wash and dry a load of baby clothes. The repair guy comes tomorrow so cross your fingers for me that he'll be able to fix it right then. If not, I may be calling you to borrow your dryer. :)


Heather said...

I've been through the broken washer/dryer thing before. No fun. If I was still around I'd invite you to use ours as no one is home during the day. It's fun to watch what Owen is doing now and know that Dillon will be right behind him. :D

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

I think my kids are on the same schedual as yours, I hated 8:00 church! I hope ya'll get better soon. Annie just got bronchitis..yuck!

The Youngblood Family said...

Your boys are soooooooo cute and I love the yellow shirts!!!!!!

lynette said...

oh man--a dryer on the fritz is no fun! i hope it all worked out.