Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More of the Same.

It still amazes me how each day can be the same, yet so very different. Predictable in that we have somewhat of a routine, wake, eat, gym, lunch, naps, play, dinner, baths, bed. But each day one of the boys does or learns something new and therefor adds an entirely new dynamic to our mundane routines.
Owen is constantly rolling and scooting his way around, while figuring out the world with such excitement and joy. He discovered his toes today and is still enjoying his thumb over a pacifier any day. He loves to be tickled under his chin and loves to have your undivided attention. He loves it when we put lotion on him and shows us with big smiles and giggles. Owen is sleeping mostly through the night in the other room (hurray!) and takes his naps in the crib in my room during the day.
Carter is now 21 months and loves to wrestle and snuggle. He loves to curl up on the coach with a blanket and you can also find him sitting in the corner at times quietly looking through books. This week his fascination is sitting on the kitchen table and talking on the phone to whoever will listen, mostly his grandmas who love him. He loves his toy cars and insists on carrying four with him at all times. He still loves tomatoes and anything with ranch on it. I enjoy Carters new found jabbering and find it refreshing to turn around in the car and see him there. I'm never alone and it's getting more and more fun hanging out with him.
This is the "Ohhh" face after bumping his head.
Snuggling with daddy on a lazy Sunday afternoon.Carter is learning how to share and brought Owen a handful of valued treasures. Talking on the phone with Grandma. He pretty much climbs all over and under things and drags the phone with him jabbering the entire time. I put Owen down for some tummy time and he was out cold. I think he looks like a little frog all sprawled out. We've been spending a lot of time lately building towers for Carter to knock down and build again. Entertaining Owen and dancing to the mobile music.

3 comments:

The Youngblood Family said...

Cute pics Angie. I really like Owen's haircut. :) You have such cute kids!

Cody and Jessie said...

I seriously can't get over how cute your boys are... You are a lucky mama :) It's SO true that everyday is the same, yet different. I love watching my kids learn new things. I love all the pics you posted - so so so cute! And your post below made me laugh :) That's so how I am... I wish I was skinnier but the other weekend Cody was out of town and I was bored and decided to cook some cookies... And I basically ate the whole batch! Not good.

lynette said...

sometimes the monotony of motherhood gets to me, but it's the little differences in each day that make me smile and grateful for the blessing i have to be home with my kids. today, wesley walked up to me, put his arms around my neck, kissed me, and said "i wuv you mommy." those are the moments that make it all worth while!