Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Week in a Nutshell.

Another week came and went and I'm happy to report we survived. We enjoyed a weekend together and have been refueled for another week.
Big News this past week Owen had his four month check up.
Height: 26 inches 75-90th, Weight 16 lb. 11.5 oz. 75-90th, FOC 42.5 50th
Owen is on track developmentally (even though he's only rolled over twice they said that counted). He does however have an ear infection and is on antibiotics for the next ten days.
What is it with my kids and ears these days? Carter has been battling ear infections since December and will be having surgery on Friday to have ear tubes put in and his adenoids removed.
Owen is very personable already. He loves to talk with you and is happiest when he has your full attention. I love it when I walk into the room and spot him and he coos and flaps his arms and legs with excitement. His sleeping schedule is hit or miss lately. Sometimes he'll sleep through the night 8- 6am, other times he's up at 3 and 5. Right now it is every other night, don't ask me why, if I knew I would do whatever I could to fix it. He's not eating when he gets up but wants to be held and rocked back to sleep. I'm a sucker and because he's been sick on and off for almost six weeks with reflux and colds I don't have it in me to let him cry it out. Sooner than later I'm going to have to move him into the other room, but for right now I'm too nervous to move him. I'm hoping once his ear infection clears up we'll have a couple good nights in a row and I'll feel better about the move.
Carter keeps me on my toes and cracks me up. I love his budding personality and love to see him smile and care for his brother. He's so attentive to Owen. Whenever Owen is on the floor Carter runs over to lay down with him or if Owen is in the excersaucer Carter runs over to play with him and show him all of the cool toys he has. The past week Carter is becoming a pretty good helper. He's started to get things across the room that we ask for like diapers or the phone and last night he helped carry in the groceries. Granted once we got into the house he didn't want to hand the shopping bag back over and preferred to walk around the kitchen with it on his arm. None the less the extra help is so exciting to me. He's also helping to clean up his toys and has a better understanding of cleaning up. It also helps that we sing the clean up song from nursery while we pick up. I'm beginning to see the light at the end of this toddler independence tunnel. Hurray for helping I say! We went to the park on Saturday and fed the ducks. These ducks were no strangers to being fed and once we parked our car they were already chasing us down for bread. Carter immediately hid behind my legs, but after five minutes he seemed to warm up to the ducks and enjoyed feeding them a little more. Poor Owen didn't make it out of the car seat, it was getting cold and dark too fast to make it worth while to get out the stroller. Next time little man.
The one time I didn't have an extra outfit in my diaper bag for Owen he had a pretty bad leak at the gym. So I changed him and put him in the car seat with just a diaper and used the burp cloth for cover him. I love this picture of him, I just want to kiss him and squish his cute chubby cheeks. That's one serious Mohawk, since then I've trimmed his hair and took about two inches off of the top. The gym lady called this hairdo the Jimmy Neutron do, so I decided it was time. Here are the boys after church today in their matching polos. I'm really starting to love dressing them alike. What amazes me now is how much Owen is starting to look like Carter.
Well, that's the week in a nutshell. Here's to doing it all over again.


lynette said...

Wesley could join in on your twinner picture because he has that same church outfit! Good luck with the surgery. The hardest part for me was waking him up so early and then not being able to feed him. He was so hungry. Then, after the surgery they are really groggy and out of it--lots of crying! It took about 15 minutes and then he fell asleep and woke up happy. Hope everything goes well!

Kathy said...

I've been thru it twice with Tammy...For me the hardest was watching them knock her out...i sobbed the whole 15-20mins. When I finally got myself together the Dr. came out and said it was done. Tammy cried for a little bit in and out of it then came to herself and was bouncing off the couch when we got home. Take Care
Carter will be in my prayers
Love you