Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sleep.

The house is quiet... both babies and Mike are fast asleep. I should be sleeping too. But I can't. Not sure why, just anxious tonight I suppose.

Waiting to see if Owen will wake up, it always seems like as soon as I lay down and am just about to hit my REM cycle he wakes up. Although, in his defense, we've had two great nights where he's slept all night, 8-10 hours. Can't complain about that. He's taken two great naps the last two days and is falling asleep on his own with the mobile instead of me rocking him to sleep - we're making progress.

Oh, and in the last day, he's become a rolling man. Put him on his tummy and he flips right over as soon as I turn my back. From his back to his tummy needs a little more practice and determination. He gets to his side and just can't figure out how to make it all the way over. I give him a few days, then like my sister said, I may have to invest in some Velcro to keep him in place.

So in the mean time, I'm sitting here, on the computer, in my flannel pj bottoms, wearing Mikes t-shirt, with an open box of mini nilla wafers, blogging and surfing facebook. Yes, I finally realized that I was the only loser not on facebook and I joined. Want to be my friend?

Back to bed for me... just maybe I'll fall asleep. If not, see you on facebook.

3 comments:

lynette said...

Hahaha! That's when I joined too--late at night when I couldn't sleep! Welcome to facebook!

Heather said...

Good for Owen! Dillon rolls from tummy to back too and does the same thing - hangs out on his side and can't get onto his tummy although he tries. I love this age. I play that same game early in the morning. He's right beside me and I lay awake from 5am on listening to his little grunts and sucking sounds. He usually makes it until 6:30 though. Guess it's time to move him away from me but I love looking at him when i wake up in the middle of the night.

Marie said...

Oh, I am getting ready for those rocking baby to sleep nights. Glad things are going well for you on the sleep front.