Sunday, January 25, 2009

Just a Few Moments.

Here are just a few moments from the past few days to share...

Carter holding Owen and talking to him. One of the cute things Carter does now when we go out is turn around and point to Owen when sales clerks talk to him, as if to say, "look at my baby." He's also very concerned where Owen is at all times. This morning on our way out the door for church, Carter turned around and ran over to Owen in the car seat and wouldn't walk out the door until Mike picked up Owen too. He wanted to make sure we didn't forget him... thanks buddy, but we promise mommy would have taken him too.

This smiles for you Grandma Mouser. Chomping on his fingers. Owen prefers his fingers over a pacifier any day.When did Carter get so big? Seriously, he looks like he's four here playing in the lobby of Texas Roadhouse.
Owen during tummy time. He pretty much calls it quits and this is his look to tell me he's done and I need to roll him back over. My mom came back into town and we headed out shopping. Here's my mom and Owen at lunch in the food court. I haven't mentioned this yet. The hospital extended my moms contract so she'll be here in Texas for another 9 weeks... wohoo! (and a big sigh of relief)
Today was my first week back teaching in Relief Society in church since I had Owen. It was nice to be back at it after three months off. Here's just a nibbling of my lesson. I really like this quote from Pres. Eyrings talk, "O Ye that Embark" given last general conference about the more faithful service you give, the more the Lord asks of you and gives you the strength to give. Maybe I like it because I've been working out again and it compares our spiritual growth to building muscles. :)

"It is like building muscle strength. You must break down your muscles to build them up. You push muscles to the point of exhaustion. Then they repair themselves, and they develop greater strength. Increased spiritual strength is a gift from God which He can give when we push in His service to our limits. Through the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, our natures can be changed. Then our power to carry burdens can be increased more than enough to compensate for the increased service we will be asked to give." Read the rest of his talk here.

No comments: