Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year & New Beginnings.

At the beginning of each new year it's pretty traditional to look back at where you've been, the things you've accomplished and the things you wished you could have done. From there you come up with a plan, a set of goals for the new year, things you want to change about yourself, things you want to accomplish or maybe things you'd like to quit doing. Here is my plan. I figured if I wrote it down I would have more inspiration and determination to accomplish them.


My goals for 2009

1. Spend more uninterrupted time with my boys. Less time with the TV on, or on the computer or the phone, not worry so much about having a clean and clutter free home and just play. Enjoy the stage they are in fully and devote my time to making sure they know that I love them and will take care of them.
2. Criticize less. I've taken a look back at me and the things I say at times and realized that not only can I be mean, but my criticism chases the spirit from our home and in our lives. If I'm to be a better wife, mother, daughter and friend, I need to start filling others cups and stop dipping into them. (a great analogy given at church in Relief Society on Sunday).
3. Continue to work out 5 days a week. I was in such good shape before I had Owen, that I'm now starting from scratch again. I'm determined to get back where I was and feel good about myself. I joined a new gym this week that will take 3 month old babies in their kids club. We went for the first time today and both boys did great, so I am well on my way.
4. Drink one less coke each week and by the end of the year hopefully not drink any at all, except for special occasions and outings.
5. Make baby books for both boys and work on making this blog into a coffee table, family journal book.

Family Goals for 2009
1. Be early to church each week. Our ward meeting time just changed to 8 a.m. It was a little hard this past week to set the alarm for 6:30, but I know this means a lot to Mike, and therefore it's important to us all. Our goal- 5 to 10 minutes early.
2. Attend the temple one more time in 2009 than we did in 2008.
3. Spend less and save more.
4. Enjoy the point in our lives that we are at. Enjoy our starter home and spend less time wishing we had more. Enjoy the craziness that comes with having two little boys and enjoy our marriage and the friendship that grows after 6+ years.
5. Go on a date with just Mike and I, every quarter, but hopefully we'll have more opportunities than that.

No comments: