Saturday, January 31, 2009

Energy Ball.

There's no better way to describe our 19 month old Carter in the last few days other than energy ball . He keeps getting quicker and easily has 10 times more energy that I do. When it's quiet I undoubtedly know that he is into something or somewhere he's not suppose to be. It can be frustrating at times to clean up the messes that follow, but lately he's been rather entertaining and it cracks me up what he gets into. I know that there will come a time when I will miss this, so I'm going to be more grateful that there are rarely any dull moments in our house anymore.
I turned on the shower and went to go get pj's and diapers for both boys. I walked back into the bathroom to find Carter all ready in the shower.... with his onsie, diaper, socks, earmuffs (He was running around in these and his elmo slippers all afternoon, I'm glad the slippers didn't make it into the shower) and animal cracker.

Here's my little fish making faces in the shower. He stays in there sometimes for half an hour. Yes, I know baths would be more enviornmentally friendly, but the kid loves showers. He has since this summer when I got too big and pregnant to bend over the bathtub and we started to put him in the shower. We use to be able to throw him in the shower with us, but now he is a water hog and refuses to share the stream of water and will holler at you to move. I really do prefer the shower vs. the bath. I love that he is self contained in a waterproof area where I don't have to wipe everything down afterwards or worry about him trying to stick his face in the water.This is what bathtime looks like afterwards. Both boys on my bed drying off. Carter loves to lay next to Owen. I'm still not sure what Owen thinks about having Carter in his face all of the time. Carter in the last month or so has figured out how to climb on and off our bed. He is pretty proud of this acheivement and loves to climb up and watch the wiggles and snuggle while I feed Owen. Last night he managed to slide behind the head of the bed and get stuck. Luckily when I found him he was still having fun and didn't fully grasp the concept of being stuck just yet. Can you believe that Owen managed to stay asleep during all of this?This is the smile Carter gave me when I told him to smile. Look at all of those new chompers! We're just waiting on one more incisor to pop through on the bottom.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

You just gave me a great idea about the shower! Hilton loves the bath, but steals all of Jackson's toys. There is more crying than playing. :( I could stick Hilton in the shower while I bathe Jackson...Thanks for the idea.

Thank you for your sweet compliment on my blog. And yes, there are many things I can't do. I could list them all, but that would take up way too much room in your neat little comments section. ;P

lynette said...

Wesley LOVES showers too. When we go swimming he prefers to standing under the outside showers more than getting in the pool--go figure.

Cody and Jessie said...

Hmmm, maybe I'll try to get Ava to like showers. That would be so nice!

I'm going to mail you some lotion today that I think might help Owen's skin. It's helped my kids tons. Cohen had dry patches on his arms I couldn't get rid of and this fixed them in like a day, for real. And it fixed Ava's chappy spots too. Just wanted to let you know to look for it - and I hope it can help!