Monday, April 2, 2012

The big 30.

Another year and another number, except that this one just seems bigger.
I hit the big 3-0 last Tuesday, March 27th. Yup, I had a birthday and with that ended the era of my 20's. It wasn't too hard to chew, it just felt like another day. I do have three kids, I guess it's just time to hit another milestone.
I did wake up super tired the next morning, so either I'm officially old and tired, or it could be the newborn hanging out in our house that I can blame the exhaustion on.
All in all, it's just a number, a big 30.
 I plan to rock the number, that is, once I get my bearing and start feeling like a person again.
I mean isn't 30 the new 20 anyways?
We celebrated with the kids and went to Macaroni Grill for dinner and then walked next door to Chili's for some molten lava cake. Dinner was a bit chaotic. Carter kept asking when my friends were coming and Owen was well, Owen, climbing everything. And well, Lexie she slept only when we were holding her.
Over dinner and the craziness that is now our blessed life, Mike looked at me and said, "I owe you a birthday do over." We're already planning another celebration minus the boys to see the H. Games across the causeway when my mom comes into town.
Which by the way, the Calvary aka. my mom, is currently on a plan somewhere over the ocean on her way here. I could do cartwheels!
A few more photos from dinner. Owen trying to show the number 30 on his hands.
Mike and Carter across the booth.


The boys brought me flowers and for the next week I could smell lily's as I walked in the door. It was delightful and a great present.

Thanks to our family and friends for the birthday phone calls, fb messages and emails.

Hugs, A

No comments: