Lynette tagged me back before Christmas and I finally had a chance to fulfill the tag. Here are six things you didn't know about my hubby Mike.
1. Mike is Mr. Fix It. No seriously, he's an accountant but should have been a carpenter. He loves it and is good at it. He's made our log bed, including chopping down the pine trees. Now that's impressive. He's put up chair rail, crown molding, lays carpet, custom builds doggy doors and can fix plumbing and other household dilemmas. I use to talk with ladies at work and they would complain about their hired handymen taking forever to fix things. I always use to ask why they didn't just have their husbands do it. Turns out it is pretty rare to have such a handy and talented hubby.
2. Mike stock piles American Express points and cashes them in for Home Depot gift cards. I don't think he's paid for a tool or other HD odds and ends in over three years.
3. He's a good Samaritan. I don't know how many times he has pulled over on the side of the road to help someone change a tire, but there have been numerous occasions. He's always willing to help and never says no.
4. He's meticulous and can't skim through a book. He's very detailed and reads every word. This drives me nuts, especially in college I never understood why it would take him forever to study. In the long run I think it's a key to his success, he doesn't miss things that we might because we rush through it.
5. I like to call Mike a water bug. He leaves water everywhere! For example, when he washes his hands he first turns on the water, gets his hands wet and then leaves a trail of water from the sink to the soap dispenser and back. Then he washes and flicks his hands to shake off the excess water, from this single action he leaves water prints all over the mirror and the rest of the counter. He's gotten better at drying his hands, but he use to just wipe them on his shirt and walk around with hand prints for twenty minutes. Five and a half years later, this is still a work in progress. :)
6. Mike is the most patient person I know. He is the most wonderful and loving husband and is a great hands on dad. He doesn't shy away from dirty diapers or spit up, he rolls up his sleeves and helps with Carter and helps to keep me happy and sane. We're very lucky to have such a wonderful man leading our family and enriching our lives. We love you Mike!
I tag, Lindsay, Marie, Brynn and Alissa.