Friday, June 6, 2008

Cake.

The birthday cake needed its own post. We took a lot of pictures and I decided to post almost all of them. It was too hard to just pick a few. They are adorable and you can really see how much fun he had with the cake. At first he really didn't know what to think of it. It really took some encouragement for him to dig in. We split up the after party celebrations and Mike gave Carter a bath and I cleaned up cake from everywhere! Happy Birthday little man. Here's to many more years of happy celebrations!

Here's Carters very own birthday cake. I know it is not exciting, and as Mike stated "it's not a castle." I suppose I have some pretty big shoes to fill in the cake making department from my mother in law. But I tried and no, I will not quite my day job to make cakes. I keep telling myself next year I'll be more creative. I don't think Carter cared either way.


"What in the world is this thing? I don't think I want any."

"Changed my mind. How much can I fit in my mouth?"
"Who me?"
"Here...have some cake."
"Are you sure you don't want any?" "It's everywhere and I'm all sticky!""But it still tastes good."
"All done."

3 comments:

The Youngblood Family said...

Angie... what cute pictures!!! I love the first one. His expression is so cute. I like the cake. Besides when they turn 1, the cake is just a grab and stuff cake.

barterboutique said...

Happy Birthday Little Carter! And, I think that cake looks yummy and cute!

Noel Family said...

Cute pictures! I don't know if he liked his cake ;) Can you believe how fast a year has gone by?!