Monday, August 27, 2012

Back.

We're back safe and sound in the Sandbox.
It was a whirlwind of a trip.
Three weeks flew by and there just wasn't enough hours in the day to do it all. We literally felt like we ran the entire time.
 
From DC to Boise, Seattle, Logan and Salt Lake and now back across the world we are. The trip was a bit rough with the little one, but the jet lag has proved to be so much harder.
 
Things with the company kind of hit the fan and life on camp seems to resemble camp ten years ago without Internet access for awhile. We have since gone out and purchased separate Internet resources and I'm able to update and feel connected to the world once again.
 
I've unloaded all 9 dishbarrel boxes and four carry ons. My house is somewhat back in order. At least I can now see my dining room table again, that is pretty great progress for only being home three days. As I write this the house smells like fresh baked bread from an evening in the kitchen. Smells and feels like home. It's good to be back. Now if I could just pick up the house and move it to Idaho things would be perfect.
 
Thank you to all of our family and friends for welcoming us into your homes and lives once again.
We love and miss each of you already. See ya next summer!
In the meantime, call, email and keep checking back.
Updates from the past month coming soon.
Once I can get us all back to a decent sleeping schedule that is.
Hugs, A

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a wonderful trip to the states and are now home again...I especially liked your comment about your home smelling so good and it was good to be back home again. From one who is also living abroad (Poland)...I have learned where ever we build and create our home...and the spirit is there ....wherever...it will be "home" to us. Thanks for sharing!

Lindsay said...

Can't believe you are already back home! Sounds like you had a fun trip but sometime you need to find yourself back in Texas so we can meet baby Lexie!

Marie said...

I totally think you should move your house to Idaho!