Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hunkering Down.

This week is Eid. A Muslim holiday lasting several days and one of the handful of holidays Mike gets off work. The US/Christian Holidays are not on our calendars here and Mike works for most of them.  Part of being expats I suppose. But it is a nice added bonus to have a week off.

Most expats travel the world. Literally, they scatter everywhere. Us? Plans? We thought about it and then decided we would be better off hunkering down at home for a stay-cation. We just purchased our tickets back to the States for Christmas and to have our baby girl. So really, that is our Eid Holiday vacation, or equivalent to almost buying a Toyota Corolla. Yeah, not sure if I will ever stop having sticker shock over international flight prices.

I'm now 24 weeks pregnant and feeling like it. Really today I think I grew an inch. This baby girl of ours is an acrobat it feels like, in constant motion mostly in the evening. One more word to describe this pregnancy, HEARTBURN. Enough said. So the idea of traveling and riding elephants in this condition isn't all that appealing. Now, sitting on a beach with my feet in the sand with an ice cold lemonade, now that is a different story. Back to the point, it's good to be home.

No where pressing to be, no specific time to be up and out, just a lot of family time. Oh, and a very long to-do nesting list. So really we hope to pass the week being productive here. On the list, Bunk beds for the boys.

Mike went into town today to pick up wood, no Home Depot here. He told Carter what he was doing and Carter is so excited. When Mike came home, Carter told him to go get the wood and bring it inside. He was ready for his bunk bed now! Only we don't think he realized Mike was only picking up wood and still has to make the actual bed. So Carter has put his bed on the TOP of the list.

I'm hunting for baby girl nursery bedding and ideas. Do I go pink, do I go non traditional? There are so many choices and so I scour the web. I've also decided that I need a certain diaper bag. I know I am normally not a bag shoe girl, but I am ALL about this bag. So I have been hounding EBay and the other night set my alarm for 5 a.m. to get up and make sure I didn't lose the auction. Yes, I did do that.

The boys are busy and miss school. They love having Mike home with us. They are pestering each other and are in constant motion. Most days our home feels like a race track.

Carter is on a hamburger kick and still spends most of his day with a crayon or marker in his hand. Owen still only has eyes for daddy and is a sassy three year old.

That's it for now. Back to our Hunkering Down. Hope all is well on your side of the world.
Hugs, A

No comments: