Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pie.

In the morning it was just a small overpriced pumpkin. A pumpkin shipped overseas from the States that had been sitting in our kitchen for one purpose since Halloween... A PUMPKIN PIE!Well the original purpose was to be carved into something spooky and then light up our front porch. But as that day came closer we couldn't do it. We still hadn't found canned pumpkin in SA and thought we paid too much to just let this thing rot on the porch.
A pie it would be. When I was brave and ambitious enough to make it happen.

Yup, I did it. Two from scratch pies. Even made the crust from scratch. I've outdone myself.
They were desert on Christmas Eve and I'm proud to say they were delicious!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job on the pies Angie! They look yummy. PS The towels you made are adorable. Thx!