Thursday, August 5, 2010

Poor Man Silly Bandz.

*Post Edit update. I realize that my post was a bit harsh. I am not a "hater" of the silly bands. I think I just wasn't a believer at first and well, yes, I am cheap about certain things. Since then, both Lindsay and Lynette have showered my son with REAL silly bands and he LOVES them, and yes I love these girls for loving my family enough to share. Today 8/15/10 I broke down and bought both boys silly bands, nothing fancy, just the $1 spot ones from Target, but oh how fun they are for both of them. So I admit, I eat my words from this post. :) I too am now a supporter.

The Poor Man's Silly Bandz = an arm full of colored rubber bands.
A few of Carters friends have the official Silly Bandz (a brand of silicone rubber bands formed into shapes including animals, objects, and letters). The inventor of these, rightfully named, "Silly" things is making a killing.

I find them a bit ridiculous, but I suppose that comes with my age. Needless to say, I have not bought into the idea and haven't purchased any for my boys. (Although at Academy a few weeks ago, for a minute I actually considered it- yikes, what was I thinking. That would have
just created it's own 3 year old monster. I rightfully talked myself out of that one. )

But the kids do love them. So today when we came home from the pool Carter discovered a bag full of red and orange rubber bands. He then proceeded to but EVERY last one of them on his tiny wrist. He was in heaven. I call them the poor mans version. Good thing is, he doesn't really get the difference. Whew.

No comments: