Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Round Two.

Tomorrow morning Carter goes in for his second set of ear tubes. It was almost a year ago we were doing the same thing. However, I was much more unprepared, nervous, anxious and scared about it back then.

This time it seems so minor, just tubes, ear tubes to drain the fluid in his middle ear so he can hear and get rid of the ear infections that antibiotics can't kick. Or maybe it's the fact that I know they help and I know we have no other choice, or the fact that this will be my third time to take a child in for this surgery, that let's me be a little more at ease.

I'm still a little surprised his other tubes were just "sitting" in the canal and the ear was full of fluid again. A little disappointed that Carter is the 1 out of 4 that has to have tubes twice. But I know this is the best thing to do. They'll put new tubes in and take the others out.

So tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. we make the journey down to the out patient surgical center for Carter. My mom will take Owen in the morning and Mike will come with us to help and sort out the high deductible insurance bill we'll have from the surgery. Carter's a champ and I know he'll do great. It's a new ENT, so that does make me a little nervous. So, I'm asking, if you're reading this tonight, please keep us in your prayers.

On a lighter note, here are few photos of the boys.Owen and his tongue. Silly kid.
And just for a little fun...
Owen-Zilla!
Yes, he climbs on everything these days. He climbed, and stood all the way up on this three times. Each time promptly falling off, only to get back up and try again. I have to give it to him for being persistent, I do however wish he would listen when I tell him No.

2 comments:

Em and Tom said...

Sorry he has to do it again. I hope everything went perfectly, and said a little prayer for you guys. I don't know what's up with Logans. I went to clean his ear and it was sitting right at the edge of his ear, so he took it to show and tell! Do you know if they are supposed to fall out? I think they are.

Sarah said...

I hope that everything went well! Give him hugs from me... package in the mail by Saturday!