Saturday, December 12, 2009

Daddy Fix.

This is a phrase we have grown to love in our home. Mike is the most talented and handy guy I know. If he doesn't already know how to do it or fix it, he learns about it, then does it, most of the time pretty successfully. I know that I am lucky to have such a handy guy around. I just assume all husbands are like this, turns out they aren't and I found a winner.

So this week our dishwasher went a little wacko. Made an awful creek/crack/snap when you opened and shut the door. It sounded bad and when I told him he looked at me and told me we could not afford to buy a new one right now. I'm sure we were both thinking - crap I don't want to wash dishes by hand for the next month! Because I didn't and would have just bought enough paper plates and such to last us through. In sticking with what he first requested I asked Mike to "daddy fix."

He came home took out his tools and went to work.
While he is "fixing" it I fess up to him. It went something like this...
I try really hard with the kids and house and sometimes well... I fall a little short... and Owen stands on the dishwasher door while it is open.

Mike laughed and appreciated that I came clean on the cause. Turns out our hefty 14 mo. old bent some of the springs in the door. Lucky for me and Owen "daddy fix" and we've learned our lesson.

No comments: