Sunday, April 5, 2009

Big Move.

We did it. We finally moved Owen into the other room.
It's a little bittersweet. I'm happy to have our master bedroom back to ourselves and I know Mike will be happy that he can hit the snooze button again. I wouldn't let him with the baby in the room, because it would wake all three of us. I'm sad to have moved him, because, well, he just seems so far away. It always made me smile to wake up in the morning hearing him play and then see his little head peeking above the bumper. But he's almost six months and it is time. We moved Carter out at 7 weeks, so Owen has been spoiled to be with us for so long.
Saturday afternoon was the big moving day. Carter even had a chance to help with the crib.
Owen spent "moving" time in his excersaucer. I just love the baby "gummy" smiles. Six months and still no teeth. Guest room before.
Guest room/Nursery now.
I still need to figure out what to put on the walls and I'd like to get some new pillows for the bed. A work in progress, but I feel pretty good about the move and was surprised the crib, queen size bed and dresser all fit in the room.
This afternoon we took the kids and dogs out for a walk. Carter walked Casey and only managed to fall once. Once was enough and skinned his thumb. He didn't even cry and was more concerned about holding the leash rather than tending to his boo boo. I just adore Sunday afternoons with our family.

1 comment:

lynette said...

Isn't it funny how much more relaxed about things you are with your second. I think it's because you realize how fast they grow and you try to hold on a little bit longer.