Monday, October 13, 2008

Early Arrival.

Owen Dille (middle name still being decided)
Born Sunday, Oct. 12, 2008 at 9:15 a.m.
8 lbs. 9 ozs. 20.5 inches longOwen made an early arrival into our family at 36 weeks and 3 days to be exact. We're currently still in the hospital and Owen is in the NICU. His lungs still had fluid in them when he was born and he has had some problems breathing. We were able to hold him for a few minutes after he was born but then they took him upstairs to the NICU where he is recieving the extra help he needs to breathe. We aren't sure how long he will be there, he takes a few steps forward and then takes a few steps back, but for the most part he is improving and tonight he seems to be breathing easier. We're hopeful that we'll be able to bring him home later this week but only time will tell. We know this is just an obstacle that he will overcome and feel blessed to have delivered at a hospital with the facilities capable of caring for his needs.
Most likely I will be discharged tomorrow afternoon and will have to leave the hospital without Owen. My mom flew into town Sunday morning and is taking care of Carter for us so that Mike and I could both be at the hospital with him. It has been a whirlwind the last few days. Owen coming so soon was completely unexpected and I'm still feeling scattered and unsettled trying to take in all that has happened and deal with the postpartum hormones. I'll update tomorrow with more details about the labor and updates on Owen.


Here are a few pictures. Owen's beautiful, he's a big boy with tons of dark thick hair.







17 comments:

The Hollemans said...

My goodness you have huge beautiful babies. So sorry about the things that werent so expected, but Im sure all will be well. Were here for you if you need anything!! Congrats, Love ya!

Aimee Jones said...

Ya'll are beautiful! what a pretty baby! congrats Angie! I hope everything goes well :)

lynette said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I can't even imagine how big he would have been if you had gone full-term! And, I'm seriosly jealous about all that hair--so cute! You guys have been blessed with another heartbreaker!

P.S. LOVE the name!

Sarah said...

Congrats Dille family! He is so beautiful! Gifts heading to TX! Give him a hug and kiss from me.

Kathy said...

Wow crazy I'm so glad you didn't go til the 23rd he would have been a 10 pounder or more. Love you lots take care

Jana Dille said...

congratulation, he's beautiful!

Kristy Stoddard said...

It's amazing how big he is at 36 weeks. We can both have big chunky babies, I love it. He is so cute. And you look so great. Lucky! Oh, yeah I brought those maternity clothes with me to the church, but then Wade said you left feeling sick, I still had them on Sunday morning, but then I heard you had your baby. So I guess you won't need those! :) Hooray, no more maternity clothes. I know this is getting super long, but I missed you on Sunday and didn't really get to chat on Saturday, so here I am chatting away. I still owe you 5 bucks. The exersaucer is soooo awesome. I love it, and Ande loves it too! thanks again. love ya

stacibee said...

Oh my word Angie! He's beautiful!! How exciting to have him here. I can't wait to hear more about the delivery and how everything came about.

matt and brynnzie said...

I'm excited for you both, and now even more antsy for my two to be here. I'm glad that things turned out as good as they did for being early. I look forward to hearing the rest of the story. Congrats!! I LOVE the name.

Josh and Shyann Croke Family said...

He is a beautiful baby boy! Hang in there with everything. I know exactly what you're going through, so I know you can make it. Hopefully his stay won't be too long. He'll be in our prayers.

Colette said...

Congrats! What a cute little chunker! Our twins had breathing prolems too, and they left the hospital on day 3, so hang in there, maybe he will have the same luck!

beckmarsh said...

What a handsome boy! Congratulations, Angie. I have a gift for you (never made it to the shower... sorry). You'll be in our prayers.

Cody and Jessie said...

Angie, he is so beautiful! I can't believe he is so big for being so early! Congratulation! I am so happy for you guys. You have such an amazing and beautiful family.

The Youngblood Family said...

He is such a cutie Angie!!! If you need anything, please let me know. I am in the medical center all weekend. Congrats to you, Mike and Carter. You have a beautiful family. I love the name!!!! :)

Elizabeth said...

So you alredy know that I love the name, but he is so cute! I'm sorry that you have to go through all of this. Let me know if there is anything you need and good luck. Oh and Congrats!!!!

Jeanette said...

Congrats!!! What a cutie pie with that full head of hair. All the little girl babies are going to be jealous of those handsome locks.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, what a big, strong, healthy boy! You are only two weeks ahead of me! AH! It's coming soon. I'm sure it is dizzying that things happened so soon but it looks like everything is going to be just fine! Congrats!