Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Coming Home.

Owen is finally home! I can't even express my relief and gratitude to have him here and healthy. It finally feels like he is ours. It was the strangest feeling to have Owen in the NICU and have to leave the hospital without him. It was a feeling of unattachment, like he wasn't really ours, and we went back to life as normal with just the three of us. Although the constant driving to the medical center was anything but normal for us. What really amazes me now, is the immediate attachment I feel now to finally have him here. I feel like he's really ours and am so happy to have his wonderful spirit in our home. Mike and I feel so blessed to have two boys and can't wait to see what the future has in store for our family of four. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has been to willing to help us these past two weeks and for all of your supportive comments and loving prayers for our family.

*At the end of this post is the video of Carter seeing Owen for the first time.*

Mike changing Owen into his take home outfit. Thanks April. :)The view from Owens corner in the NICU.
Our last walk down the long hallway of the NICU to the Elephant pod. We were thrilled to take him home and had to document the moment. Owen home in his crib Saturday night.
My mom holding Owen for the first time. She's been great and has been taking care of Carter for almost two weeks for us. Too cute... Mike went in to check on Carter and found him like this. Legs crossed through the crib. Don't worry after he took the picture he took Carters legs out.

Carter seeing Owen for the first time. Sat. 10/25.



5 comments:

Jeanette said...

How wonderful! I love the video of Carter with Owen. I especially love the little bruise on his head. ;D

Sarah said...

That is so great! I am so glad he is home with you. No more sleeping through the night! Ü Carter is super cute.

The Youngblood Family said...

How cute was that video!! I loved it!:) (Made me think back to when Cameron saw Jake for the first time.) I am glad Owen is home and all 4 of you are doing good. I am so glad the outfit fit. I was worried since he was 8 pds. that he wouldn't fit into it. By the way,you look great!!!!! :) :)

Wade Stoddard said...

CARTER IS SO CUTE. I love the video.

beckmarsh said...

Ahhh, man. What a cutie. You look great, by the way! Congratulations!