Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Weekend Wrap.

It's been a very exciting and action packed week at the Dille house. My mom came into town last Wednesday and left last night. Mike also was home for the weekend, finally! His client filed last week so he was able to have a little time off this weekend as well. So, like I said, we had a very full weekend. Trying to balance time with grandma and Mike proved to be a challenge and now they're both gone and it's back to just Carter and I. My mom's back in Virginia and Mike headed back to work yesterday. Luckily Mikes's not as busy this week and has been home early compared to his hours in January. Still not early enough to see Carter, but early enough that I'm not already in dream land and incoherent.

When my mom comes to visit I always have these great intentions to take lots of pictures... and it never happens. I take my camera with us and just never take it out of my bag. Does anyone else do this or just me? Maybe I just don't want to be the weirdo at the mall or restaurant snapping pictures. I wish I was. So, for lack of fun grandma pictures, here are a few pictures from Carter this week.

He had a rough weekend. All of a sudden he decided that he wants to be independent and stubborn and has refused to take a bottle. Oh, and he is also throwing mini tantrums when you take something away from him or move him away from something that may hurt him. He's so busy and it is so hard to get him to sit still. On high note, he still lets me put him in the exercauser on occasion, which is a relief because I know I can leave the room for a minute and he will be in the same spot when I come back. The first picture is of him standing in his nursery digging in his basket of toys. The next one is in our bedroom. One afternoon he discovered the window and was laughing as he watched the cars go by. He's a smart little guy and with his stubborn streak we're sure he's a Dille. :) I'm just hoping that being back in our normal routine this week will lead to a more rested and predictable Carter. And yes, I'm hoping and praying he'll start to take his bottle again.

This is for you Mom... Thank you for coming to stay with me for the weekend. I'm sad that the trip was so short, but glad we were able to spend some quality time together and you were able to get to know Carter better. We miss having you around but know that sooner or later you'll move here. :) Well, we hope you move here eventually. Thank you for taking us to lunch, for shopping with us at the mall, getting your hair done with me at the salon, for coming with us to the gym and enduring the hardest class they offer with me, and for watching Carter while Mike and I taught third hour at church. Thank you for getting me that great Sunday dress, I only wish Sunday came more often or I had more opportunities to get dressed up. Thank you for being you and loving us for who we are with all of our quirky traits, rash moments and sometimes moody ways. I wish Virginia wasn't so far. We love you and miss you. Come back soon!

7 comments:

Ammon said...

I'm the exact same way with pictures. It wasn't until I started blogging that I began to take more photos and boy, oh boy, have people given me some weird looks when we're out and about. Ah well.
Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your mom and that Carter is growing out of the baby stage and into the toddler phase. Good luck. More stubbornness and tantrums to follow. Also, I wanna see the dress! Where did you get it? Makes me wanna go shop with my mom--they make the best shopping companions!

P.S. Is Carter weaned? If he's not taking a bottle, what is he taking? Good luck with that too!

Angie said...

I'll post a picture of the dress this week. It's adorable, just a cute little cap sleeve spring dress.

Ah, Carter. Yes, what happened to my baby? I'm not sure I ready for a toddler. He's not weaned yet. I was hoping I could start giving him a bottle of my milk mixed with formula once a day last week, and then slowly just give him bottles. He took it one day and then swore off bottles all together the next day. There goes my freedom. So I give up for the week and will start fresh this weekend. I never knew this would be so hard. I could use some tips! :)

Jana Dille said...

Hey there! I'm glad you found my blog. You need to give me your blog address so I can keep up with you. Ours is dilleclan.blogspot.com. Your little carter(right) is so cute! Definitely call us when you come to Twin next that would be fun to get together! Jana

The Youngblood Family said...

I am with Lynette... I want to see a pic of the dress. Moms are great! Looks like Carter is moving right along.

Josh and Shyann Croke Family said...

That's funny about the camera thing. I am the same way. Good intentions, just doesn't happen enough. Good luck with the whole weaning thing. Jayden refused a bottle after 2 months old and didn't look back. It wasn't until 19 months, yes I said 19, that he finally stopped. So I feel your pain on that one! We're now trying the whole toddler bed thing. There's always a struggle going on. Guess that's just parenthood!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Dille Family said...

Your blog is adorable! I need to figure out how to add cute paper, etc. I am glad you found us. It will be fun to keep up on each other. How's Texas? How old is Carter? Let us know when you are coming to Idaho! Rachelle